Kennard Jabur of Norton Street allegedly had in his possession one 9 MM pistol and four live bullets without being the holder of a license.
The prosecution told the court that Jabur was stopped and searched by a police mobile patrol on September 3 at John Street and Brickdam. At the time, he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
Prosecutor, Bharrat Magru objected to bail, saying that the offence was prevalent and serious. He said no special reasons were presented to justify the bail application.
Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry refused Jabur bail. The matter was transferred to Court Three where Magistrate Judy Latchman told him to return to court on September 18.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- 'Big government' unjustified without proper study- Henry Jeffrey
- Granger defends Cabinet of few young persons
- Pres. Granger, WPA's Ogunseye differ over no APNU executive meeting
- Public Security Minister to probe alleged sale of Guyanese citizenship, visas; Rohee calls for evidence
- Woman allegedly caught with cocaine at airport