Kennard Jabur of Norton Street allegedly had in his possession one 9 MM pistol and four live bullets without being the holder of a license.
The prosecution told the court that Jabur was stopped and searched by a police mobile patrol on September 3 at John Street and Brickdam. At the time, he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
Prosecutor, Bharrat Magru objected to bail, saying that the offence was prevalent and serious. He said no special reasons were presented to justify the bail application.
Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry refused Jabur bail. The matter was transferred to Court Three where Magistrate Judy Latchman told him to return to court on September 18.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- Guyana to earn US$960 million from 17-year Aurora gold mine
- No cyanide spill at Guyana Goldfields' Aurora mine- CEO
- Attorney Saphier Husain wants Court to order Local Govt Minister to call elections
- Parliament needs special section to teach MPs about querying Public Accounts - Trotman
- Guyanese MPs refuse to attend parliamentary conference in Africa over Ebola fears