Kennard Jabur of Norton Street allegedly had in his possession one 9 MM pistol and four live bullets without being the holder of a license.
The prosecution told the court that Jabur was stopped and searched by a police mobile patrol on September 3 at John Street and Brickdam. At the time, he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
Prosecutor, Bharrat Magru objected to bail, saying that the offence was prevalent and serious. He said no special reasons were presented to justify the bail application.
Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry refused Jabur bail. The matter was transferred to Court Three where Magistrate Judy Latchman told him to return to court on September 18.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- Govt, opposition split on extending Claims and Objections to voters' list
- GTUC, Labour Ministry differ on using prison labour in clean-up exercise
- No cover-up of GDF involvement in Walter Rodney's death- Chief-of-Staff
- China's army, GDF sign grant agreement without political strings
- GFC praises poorly paid forest rangers; refutes reports about Bai Shan Lin