Kennard Jabur of Norton Street allegedly had in his possession one 9 MM pistol and four live bullets without being the holder of a license.
The prosecution told the court that Jabur was stopped and searched by a police mobile patrol on September 3 at John Street and Brickdam. At the time, he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
Prosecutor, Bharrat Magru objected to bail, saying that the offence was prevalent and serious. He said no special reasons were presented to justify the bail application.
Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry refused Jabur bail. The matter was transferred to Court Three where Magistrate Judy Latchman told him to return to court on September 18.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- Massy's CEO wants a business-friendly Caricom
- Two perish in cargo plane crash off Dutch St Maarten
- Trinidad's Carnival is on despite some Ebola fears
- Carib News Desk: Trinidad's Carnival 2015 is on despite Ebola fears; two dead in St Maarten cargo plane crash and more stories...
- Clerk refuses to convene House; President hints at sitting soon; Speaker appeals for help with constitutional crisis