Kennard Jabur of Norton Street allegedly had in his possession one 9 MM pistol and four live bullets without being the holder of a license.
The prosecution told the court that Jabur was stopped and searched by a police mobile patrol on September 3 at John Street and Brickdam. At the time, he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
Prosecutor, Bharrat Magru objected to bail, saying that the offence was prevalent and serious. He said no special reasons were presented to justify the bail application.
Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry refused Jabur bail. The matter was transferred to Court Three where Magistrate Judy Latchman told him to return to court on September 18.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- Granger announces protests for local govt elections; AFC says no-confidence motion is priority
- Govt, ruling party deny "buy out" of opposition MPs to vote against no-confidence motion
- AFC scraps ethnic formula for Presidential, Prime Ministerial candidates
- PPP offering "big money" to opposition MPs says AFC; APNU, ruling party deny
- Govt rules out calling early elections ahead of no-confidence motion