Kennard Jabur of Norton Street allegedly had in his possession one 9 MM pistol and four live bullets without being the holder of a license.
The prosecution told the court that Jabur was stopped and searched by a police mobile patrol on September 3 at John Street and Brickdam. At the time, he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
Prosecutor, Bharrat Magru objected to bail, saying that the offence was prevalent and serious. He said no special reasons were presented to justify the bail application.
Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry refused Jabur bail. The matter was transferred to Court Three where Magistrate Judy Latchman told him to return to court on September 18.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- CARIBBEAN NEWS DESK RADIO PROG: Jamaica defends denying entry to former Trinidad and Tobago coup leader
- Likely FATF blacklisting reprieve for Guyana... Jamaica treads cautiously on marijuana... Ebola fears hold up crude-oil discharge in Trinidad
- Guyanese Muslim barred from entering Jamaica for Louis Farrakhan event
- Granger pits disgruntled Linden PNCR supporters against protesters in New York
- President Ramotar to seek bipartisan support for Ebola battle