Kennard Jabur of Norton Street allegedly had in his possession one 9 MM pistol and four live bullets without being the holder of a license.
The prosecution told the court that Jabur was stopped and searched by a police mobile patrol on September 3 at John Street and Brickdam. At the time, he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
Prosecutor, Bharrat Magru objected to bail, saying that the offence was prevalent and serious. He said no special reasons were presented to justify the bail application.
Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry refused Jabur bail. The matter was transferred to Court Three where Magistrate Judy Latchman told him to return to court on September 18.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- “After 23 years, it is time” say Barticians as APNU+AFC churns out promises
- Man arraigned for gunning down city businessman's wife
- PPP Civic appeals to military, police for votes
- Opposition to scrap multi-million dollar pharmaceutical procurement arrangement
- Ballots arrive in Guyana under tight security