Kennard Jabur of Norton Street allegedly had in his possession one 9 MM pistol and four live bullets without being the holder of a license.
The prosecution told the court that Jabur was stopped and searched by a police mobile patrol on September 3 at John Street and Brickdam. At the time, he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
Prosecutor, Bharrat Magru objected to bail, saying that the offence was prevalent and serious. He said no special reasons were presented to justify the bail application.
Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry refused Jabur bail. The matter was transferred to Court Three where Magistrate Judy Latchman told him to return to court on September 18.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- Handwriting specimens to be taken from mom of dead teenage girl found on foreshore
- Top Cop Laurie Lewis ordered passport issuance to Gregory Smith in fake name
- Opposition coalition courting Ralph Ramkarran
- Updated: Head, torso found but still unidentified
- Opposition coalition promises 13 percent salary increase