Kennard Jabur of Norton Street allegedly had in his possession one 9 MM pistol and four live bullets without being the holder of a license.
The prosecution told the court that Jabur was stopped and searched by a police mobile patrol on September 3 at John Street and Brickdam. At the time, he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
Prosecutor, Bharrat Magru objected to bail, saying that the offence was prevalent and serious. He said no special reasons were presented to justify the bail application.
Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry refused Jabur bail. The matter was transferred to Court Three where Magistrate Judy Latchman told him to return to court on September 18.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- Probation Officer for High Court trial for allegedly having sex with teenage girl
- Offload loss-making sections of Guysuco, Private Sector Commission tells Commission of Inquiry
- Port Kaituma-bound cargo-laden trawler sinks, crew member missing
- Chief Prison Officer allegedly caught with marijuana at G/town Prison
- Venezuela demands that Guyana immediately corrects maritime boundary