She has been identified as 26-year old Jasmattie "Mamo" Dowlatram of Railway Line Dam. Ankervile Port Mourant. Police said the incident occurred Friday night at Ankervillle.
"Investigations so far have revealed that Jasmattie Dowlatram had an argument with a man with whom she shared a relationship and during which he is alleged to have assaulted her about her body with a piece of wood. She succumbed while receiving medical attention at the Port Mourant Hospital," Police Force spokesman, Ivelaw Whittaker said in a statement.
Dowlatram, a mother of five, was allegedly beaten after her boyfriend saw her having a conversation with another man.
After her boyfriend allegedly failed to get her to answer certain questions, he beat her with a piece of wood on her head and other parts of her body until she was unconscious, her relatives said.
He then transported the woman on a cycle to the Port Mourant Hospital where she died. Shoirtly after, police arrested him at the health care institution.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- CARIBBEAN NEWS DESK RADIO PROG: Jamaica defends denying entry to former Trinidad and Tobago coup leader
- Likely FATF blacklisting reprieve for Guyana... Jamaica treads cautiously on marijuana... Ebola fears hold up crude-oil discharge in Trinidad
- Guyanese Muslim barred from entering Jamaica for Louis Farrakhan event
- Granger pits disgruntled Linden PNCR supporters against protesters in New York
- President Ramotar to seek bipartisan support for Ebola battle