A Jamaican woman was early Wednesday morning found dead in a guest house in Georgetown and police were continuing to look for her Jamaican partner, Deputy Police Commissioner Seelall Persaud said.
The lifeless body of 31-year old Ann Gardener was found on a bed in the room at NY Car Wash and Guest House on Camp and Princess Streets about 2 AM. The woman's body was discovered less than one week after the couple checked in.
Persaud said the police would be relying on an autopsy to determine her cause of death especially since there were no visible marks of violence,
The Deputy Police Commissioner said efforts were being made to locate the Jamaican man who had stayed with Gardener in the room. Investigators are checking immigration records to determine whether the man has already left Guyana.
Footage from a Close Circuit Television (CCTV) system at the guest house were being examined by investigators to positively identify the man.
Latest from Demerara Waves
- Nomination of Professor Nigel Harris as Chancellor of the University of Guyana
- "Be a man, publish the information,"-Rohee challenges Harmon on PPP wrongdoings
- PPP identifies Jagdeo for Opposition Leader, Parliamentary list completed, Regional list with GECOM
- Port Mourant businessman shot dead while resisting bandits
- Fire destroys West Coast Berbice house